Our YMCA doors have officially reopened!
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our members and staff. We have put careful consideration, thought and planning into our reopening, following guidance from the CDC and local health officials to update our policies and procedures ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and care. We have made special accommodations for social distancing and taken numerous other safety precautions regarding COVID-19. Although an inherit risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present, working together we have and can substantially reduce the risk.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Our reopening will take place in phases. As you re-enter through our doors, please note the following safety measures that will be in place:
- Facility usage is temporarily restricted to Y members, no guests are allowed entry at this time.
- Every staff member and member will have their temperature checked when entering our branch facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will be turned away and will be asked to return when they have been symptom free for at least 72 hours. Members are also required to complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
- For the safety and well-being of your fellow members and Y staff, we require all members within the facility to wear a mask or other facial covering in all common areas, including while entering/exiting the facility, at the front desk and check-in area, in hallways and restrooms, on the pool deck, and while passing through to your designated area to work out. Masks are not required to be worn while you exercise.
- Every staff member is required to wear a face mask while in the facility with the exception of lifeguards and Group Exercise instructors while teaching a class.
- Our fitness equipment has been spaced out to be six feet apart or we have closed down every other fitness machine so that members are able to follow safe distancing practices.
- Due to capacity limitations and restrictions in reopening our YMCA, members are encouraged to utilize our reservation system, Appointment King, for Group Exercise, Child Watch and lap pool swimming.
- Locker rooms are restricted to restroom usage, lockers and changing areas. Showers and saunas/steam rooms.will remain closed until further notice.
- We have increased signage around the branch directing traffic and promoting healthy hygiene habits, such as hand washing and staying six feet apart. We have also increased the number of hand sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- No towel service will be provided and water fountains are temporarily unavailable with the exception of "No Touch" bottle filling stations.
- Gym bags are allowed into the facility.
WELLNESS AND GROUP EXERCISE
- While we still have capacity limitations and restrictions in our Wellness Center, those who wish to use our cardio/strength equipment, weight machines, free weights, etc. do NOT need to make a reservation.
- No weight belts or yoga mats will be provided in our Wellness center.
- All equipment touch points will be cleaned throughout the day (minimum of every two hours) and before opening and after closing.
- Members are asked to use the provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- A modified Group Exercise class schedule, including water aerobics is available. To participate, reservations are highly recommended. To make a reservation, please CLICK HERE. Note, no yoga mats will be provided.
- Personal training and small group training is available by appointment with your trainer. Contact your local branch for more information.
- A variety of Virtual Fitness options are also still available.
- Child Watch has resumed operations at a limited capacity and reservations are recommended. Prior to entering Child Watch area, every participant will be required to have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will be turned away and will be asked to return when they have been symptom free for at least 72 hours.
- Children age two and older are required to wear a face mask.
- Click HERE for Child Watch temporary hours of operation.
- We encourage reservations to be made 24 hours in advance of your requested time (ex. call on a Monday at 10am to request a 10am time slot on Tuesday).To make a reservation, CLICK HERE. *Please note, when entering first and last name information, please enter your CHILD'S name.
- For more information regarding rules and guidelines, click HERE.
AQUATICS AND POOL AREAS
- Lap pools are available for lap swimming. Reservations are preferred as space is extremely limited. Members can reserve a lane in 45 minute increments. Each lane will have an assigned hook and chair for their towel and personal belongings, and there will be two "waiting station" chairs available.
- We ask that reservations to be made 24 hours in advance. To make a reservation, please CLICK HERE.
- Group swim lessons have resumed.
- Swim Team practice has resumed at both branch locations. For more information, please contact your local branch.
- Private swim lessons are available. Please contact your local branch for more information or to register.
- Family swim is available at the DeVos-Blum Family YMCA on Saturday and Sundays. Reserve your spot online (only three families allowed to swim at once)
PROGRAMS/ACTIVITIES INCLUDING SUMMER CAMP, SPORTS, ETC.
- Summer Camp and Preschool programs are available at a limited capacity. Campers are required to wear masks at all times excluding during meal times, water activities and outdoor physical activities.
- Group activities hosted inside our facilities will remain temporarily unavailable which include, but are not limited to, active older adult programming, teen programming, pick-up basketball, pickleball, and volleyball.
- Youth Sports Season 3 resumes at the Boynton YMCA beginning in July and in August at the Boca YMCA.
- Youth Sports Clinics are currently running at both our Boynton and Boca YMCA locations.
- Dance, Karate, Gymnastics and STEAM for Kids are temporarily unavailable.
- Gymnasium and outdoor playground areas are temporarily unavailable.
- All Cafe/seating areas are temporarily closed.
You can still find fun activities your kids can do while at home on our Kids Corner webpage to help them stay active and engaged!
If you chose to keep your membership active and #StayWithUs, there is nothing further you need to do!
If your membership has already been placed on hold and you do not feel comfortable visiting us just yet, please email your Membership Director to request an extension.
Boca YMCA- Joan Joens OR Boynton YMCA- Betsy Driest
For those who have memberships on hold and choose to visit us again, your credit for the March dues will be applied to the prorate for June. Your membership draft will be placed back on its normal draft cycle beginning in the month of July. If you prefer, you can always contact us directly to remove the hold on your account before visiting.
Additional details regarding the next phases of our reopening plan will be updated on this web page, so please make sure to refer back to this web page often as information will be released and updated on a consistent basis.