Our Y doors are OPEN for you to reconnect with family and friends!
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our members and staff. We have put careful consideration, thought and planning into our reopening, following guidance from the CDC and local health officials to update our policies and procedures ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and care. We have made special accommodations for social distancing and taken numerous other safety precautions regarding COVID-19. Although an inherit risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present, working together we have and can substantially reduce the risk.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
As you re-enter through our doors, please note the following safety measures that will be in place:
- Every staff member and member will have their temperature checked when entering our branch facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will be turned away and will be asked to return when they have been symptom free for at least 72 hours.
- For the safety and well-being of your fellow members and Y staff, we require all members within the facility to wear a mask or other facial covering in all common areas, including while entering/exiting the facility, at the front desk and check-in area, in hallways and restrooms, on the pool deck, and while passing through to your designated area to work out. Masks are not required to be worn while you exercise.
- Every staff member is required to wear a face mask while in the facility with the exception of lifeguards and Group Exercise instructors while teaching a class.
- Our fitness equipment has been spaced out to be six feet apart or we have closed down every other fitness machine so that members are able to follow safe distancing practices.
- Due to capacity limitations and restrictions in reopening our YMCA, members are encouraged to utilize our reservation system, Appointment King, for Group Exercise, Child Watch and lap pool swimming.
- We have increased signage around the branch directing traffic and promoting healthy hygiene habits, such as hand washing and staying six feet apart. We have also increased the number of hand sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- No towel service will be provided.
WELLNESS AND GROUP EXERCISE
- While we still have capacity limitations and restrictions in our Wellness Center, those who wish to use our cardio/strength equipment, weight machines, free weights, etc. do NOT need to make a reservation.
- No weight belts or yoga mats will be provided in our Wellness center.
- All equipment touch points will be cleaned throughout the day (minimum of every two hours) and before opening and after closing.
- Members are asked to use the provided cleaning supplies to clean equipment before and after each use.
- A modified Group Exercise class schedule, including water aerobics is available. To participate, reservations are highly recommended. To make a reservation, CLICK HERE. Note, no yoga mats will be provided.
- Personal training and small group training is available by appointment with your trainer. Contact your local branch for more information.
- A variety of Virtual Fitness options are also still available.
- Child Watch has resumed operations at a limited capacity and reservations are recommended.
- Prior to entering Child Watch area, every participant will be required to have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will be turned away and will be asked to return when they have been symptom free for at least 72 hours.
- Children age two and older are required to wear a face mask.
- Children have TWO HOUR time limit, infants have ONE HOUR time limit.
- Click HERE for Child Watch hours of operation.
- We encourage reservations to be made 24 hours in advance of your requested time (ex. call on a Monday at 10am to request a 10am time slot on Tuesday).To make a reservation, CLICK HERE. *Please note, when entering first and last name information, please enter your CHILD'S name.
- For more information regarding rules and guidelines, click HERE.
AQUATICS AND POOL AREAS
- Lap pools are available for lap swimming. Reservations are REQUIRED as space is extremely limited. Members can reserve a lane in 45 minute increments. Each lane will have an assigned hook and chair for their towel and personal belongings, and there will be two "waiting station" chairs available.
- We ask that reservations to be made 24 hours in advance. To make a reservation, please CLICK HERE.
- Group swim lessons have resumed at both branch locations.
- Swim Team practice has resumed at both branch locations. For more information, please contact your local branch.
- Private swim lessons are available. Please contact your local branch for more information or to register.
- Open Family swim is available in our Family pools.
- Water Slide on by request at Boynton Y Monday - Thursday from 6:30pm-8:30pm, all day Friday, 12pm to close Saturday and all day Sunday.
- Whirlpool and Steam rooms at the Boynton YMCA are open Monday through Friday: 5:45am-2:30am, 4:00pm-7:30pm. Mid-day closures in order to perform a deep clean. Limit 2 people per area, 15 minute time limit on a first come, first serve basis.
- Steam rooms and Saunas at the Boca YMCA are open during business hours.
PROGRAMS/ACTIVITIES INCLUDING CAMP, SPORTS, DANCE, ETC.
- After School care and Preschool programs are available at a limited capacity. Participants are required to wear masks at all times excluding during meal times, water activities and outdoor physical activities.
- Youth Sports has resumed seasons at both Boynton and Boca YMCA locations.
- Youth Sports clinics are currently running at both Boynton and Boca YMCA locations.
- Early Childhood Development Programs are running at the Boca YMCA. Click HERE for more information.
- Fun Days at the Y for no school days/holidays are available at both Boynton and Boca YMCA locations from 7:30am-6pm. Click HERE for more information.
- STEAM for Kids is available at the Boynton YMCA.
- Dance, Gymnastics and Karate are currently available at a limited capacity. Contact your local branch for details.
- Pickleball at the Boynton YMCA is currently available Monday through Friday from 8am-1pm. Contact the Front Desk for more information.
- Gymnasium and outdoor playground areas are open to members.
- Cafe/seating areas are open but not available for large groups/activities.
- Large group activities hosted inside our facilities will remain temporarily unavailable. Contact your local branch for details.
If your membership has already been placed on hold and you do not feel comfortable visiting us just yet, please email your Membership Director to request an extension.
Boca YMCA- Joan Joens OR Boynton YMCA- Betsy Driest
For those who have memberships on hold and choose to visit us again, please contact us directly to remove the hold on your account.