Did You Know…
The YMCA of South Palm Beach County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
The Y works every day to address the needs of our community, providing programs and services to help individuals live a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining physical activity and a balanced spirit, body and mind isn’t always easy to sustain in today’s world – but the good news is, the Y is here to provide assistance and support!
For example, DID YOU KNOW…
- Approximately 1 in 3 individuals have pre-diabetes.
- More than one-third of adults are considered obese and more than 1 in 20 are extremely obese.
- 74% of men are considered overweight or obese.
- 1 out of 3 kids in the US are considered overweight or obese.
- Chronic diseases and conditions such as heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, arthritis, etc. are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems.
The Y addresses these issues and responds by providing: Group Exercise and Wellness programs, Diabetes Prevention program, Parkinson’s Program (“Surf N’ Turf”), Adult and Youth Sport programs, and more! The Y impacts our community every day!
The Y.™ For a better us.
For more information about our programs, services, partnerships or how to support the Y, please contact 561-395-9622 or you can email us.