The Y is a non-profit organization dedicated to Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
The Y gives people of all ages and walks of life the opportunity to get active, give back and get involved. Through our many youth programs, volunteer opportunities and healthy strategies, the Y helps deliver the benefits of good health strong connections, greater self-confidence and a sense of community to all who seek it.
For example, DID YOU KNOW…
- 6.5 hours of a child's day (ages 5-16) are spent looking at a screen?
- The Y's Youth Programs are strategically designed to eliminate any screen time while participating in all of our programs. Here, we believe in getting fresh air, testing critical thinking skills and developing friendships in real time.
- Last year, volunteers spent over 40,000 hours of their time volunteering on behalf of the Y.
- Being a non-profit, we firmly believe that when others help others, great things can happen. Thanks to our volunteers, the Y is not only able to put on events that raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for our programming and financial assistance but were able to touch the lives of more people in our community every day.
- 2 in 3 women are considered to be overweight or have obesity.
- We are able to attack frightening health statistic through our Healthy Living programs. Take a group exercise class, go for a swim, join a support group tailored to your needs. Whatever it is, the Y is there for you every step of the way.