A Recipe for Becoming #1 Mom
Stop with fast food drive thru’s and start with quick and healthy meals when you’re in a rush.
We’ve all been there, you know, that time where you’re rushing out the door with the kids and suddenly you realize it’s McDonald’s for breakfast, again. Finding healthy food on the go is hard, but here’s a recipe that you can make the night before assuring your kids (and you) are eating something nutritious in the morning.
Introducing “Gluten-Free Overnight Oats” the meal that makes itself while you’re sleeping. Full of fiber, whole grains, and healthy fats, you’re sure to win that #1 Mom mug you’ve been eyeing.
- ½ cup of unsweetened plain almond milk
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (or sub with honey, organic brown sugar)
- Toppings (optional): berries, bananas, chia seeds, or peanut butter
- In a mason jar or small bowl, add almond milk, maple syrup (or other sweeteners), and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add any additional toppings and stir them in.
- Add oats and stir a few more times. Then press down to ensure the oats are immersed in the almond milk.
- Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap. Then set in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 6 hours).
- Next day open and enjoy!
An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but a nutritious breakfast will keep the hangry kids away! If you try this recipe, let us know by tagging us on social media.