About the Y
The YMCA is the nation’s leading nonprofit for strengthening communities through programs and services that nurture and enrich the lives of our youth, promote healthy living and embed the ideals of social responsibility. The YMCA of South Palm Beach County is for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
In addition, the Y of South Palm Beach County’s has several strategic initiatives, including: Drowning Prevention, Y Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), YBike Program, Education Enrichment and Healthy Eating Physical Activity (HEPA) guidelines.
Here are a few facts about your local YMCA of South Palm Beach County:
- We are among the top 22 fastest growing YMCA markets in the United States.
- We have Y Family centers in both Boca Raton and Boynton Beach, a preschool located in NCCI Holdings in Boca and a preschool located in the Volen Center in Boca.
- The Association which includes these facilities ranks in the Top 25% of YMCAs in the nation.
- It began as a single branch in 1972.
- The Y of South Palm Beach County impacts more than 70,000 residents annually, as of 2016.
- Allows all community members to participate in membership programs regardless of their ability to pay fees.
- Provides approximately $1 million in scholarship assistance each year through annual contributions to the Partners with Youth Scholarship Program.
- Offers programs that benefit everyone at every age, from swimming lessons to childcare and from senior wellness and teen fitness clinics and much more!
- Provides programming that directly responds to community needs and emphasizes the specific values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
You and your family are invited to take a tour, become a member, enroll in a program (or two!), volunteer and/or become a philanthropist! Click HERE for information on becoming a Member!