About the Y
The YMCA is the nation’s leading nonprofit for strengthening communities through programs and services that nurture and enrich the lives of our youth, promote healthy living and embed the ideals of social responsibility. We’re for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
In addition, the YMCA of South Palm Beach County’s has several strategic initiatives, including: Drowning Prevention, Y Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), Healthy Eating Physical Activity (HEPA) guidelines and Education Enrichment.
Here are a few facts about your local YMCA of South Palm Beach County:
- We are among the top 22 fastest growing YMCA markets in the United States.
- We have a YMCA family center in both Boca Raton and Boynton Beach.
- The Association which includes these facilities ranks in the Top 25% of YMCAs in the nation.
- We have a mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
- It began as a single branch in 1972.
- Impacts more than 70,000 residents annually, as of 2014.
- Is growing larger everyday; the Peter Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton is the largest YMCA facility in Southeastern Florida.
- Allows all community members to participate in membership programs regardless of their ability to pay fees.
- Provides approximately $1 million in scholarship assistance each year through annual contributions to the Partners with Youth Scholarship Program.
- Offers programs that benefit everyone at every age, from swimming lessons to childcare and from senior wellness and teen fitness clinics and much more!
- Provides programming that directly responds to community needs and emphasizes the specific values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
You and your family are invited to take a tour, become a member, enroll in a program, volunteer and become a philanthropist. Everyone may benefit from participation in the YMCA!